Heroes of the Storm news » Beat the Heat with the Sun’s Out, Guns Out Event!
Ahh, Summertime—it’s finally here! There’s no better time of year to hit the beach and work on your tan, head out of town on vacation, or invite your friends over for a cookout. Once you’ve finished soaking up some sun in the real world, beat the heat by diving into the Nexus for our Sun’s Out, Guns Out event!
Get pulled into our all-new Brawl and try out a few refreshing new skins during Sun’s Out, Guns Out, which begins today, June 27, and lasts until the week of July 24.
New Brawl: Pull Party
Some of our Heroes are taking a break from the battlefield to catch some serious R&R by the pool, and Stitches is throwing a party—a pull party! Hook enemy Stitches to pull them over to your side of the pool and then take them down to claim victory.
- Pull Party will be available for play from Friday, June 30 – Thursday, July 6.
- All players spawn as Stitches —Bikini Stitches!
- Use Stitches' Hook to pull enemies over to your side of the pool so that your team can kill them.
- Hook’s cooldown is greatly reduced. It also travels much slower and farther than usual.
- There's no XP, no leveling, and no talents.
- Helping Hand is always active, allowing you to Hook allies as well as enemies.
- Hooking an ally or enemy who is already being pulled will kill them instantly.
- Doing this to one of your teammates denies the enemy team a kill.
- The first team to 20 kills wins!
- Complete three Pull Party matches to earn a Sun’s Out, Guns Out Loot Chest!
- Starting Friday, June 30, weekly Brawl rewards will grant one Sun’s Out, Guns Out Loot Chest. This will last until July 28, which is the Friday after our Sun’s Out, Guns Out event concludes.
Sun’s Out, Guns Out Loot Chests
Starting today, all Loot Chests you earn through progression (except Hero-Specific Chests), or purchase using Gems will be replaced with Sun’s Out, Guns Out Loot Chests. As mentioned above, weekly Brawl Rewards after June 30 will also award one Sun's Out, Guns Out Chest. These chests each have a chance to drop limited-time event items—including portraits, sprays, skins, and mounts!
Until Sun’s Out, Guns Out concludes during the week of July 24, you’ll pick up one of these limited-time Loot Chests every time you level-up or earn a weekly Heroes Brawl reward. You can also head to the Loot tab in-game to purchase them directly using Gems. Additionally, please note that any Loot Chests you already own prior to the start of the event will not convert to Sun's Out, Guns Out Chests.
Now, kick back, toss on your favorite shades, and check out all the new hotness coming to the Nexus.
Make a Splash with New Loot
We’ve added a new Sun’s Out, Guns Out bundle, as well as more than enough skins and mounts for everyone at your next cookout to sink their teeth into. The bundle can be purchased using Gems, while Skins and Mounts can be forged using Shards. You won’t be able to pick up the bundle with gems or forge event items with shards once the Sun’s Out, Gun’s Out event ends on July 24, so be sure to fill up your water guns and make a splash in the Nexus before these items swim away!
Sun's Out, Guns Out Bundle
|Tracer||Slip ‘N Stream Tracer|
|Tychus||Power Drench Tychus|
|Stitches Skins||Tychus Skins||Tracer Skins|
|Bikini Stitches||Power Drench Tychus||Power Briefs Tychus||Slip ‘N Stream Tracer|
|Azure Bikini Stitches||Arctic Power Drench Tychus||Azure Power Briefs Tychus||Azure Slip ‘N Stream Tracer|
|Fuschia Bikini Stitches||Dark Power Drench Tychus||Onyx Power Briefs Tychus||Heatwave Slip ‘N Stream Tracer|
|Heatwave Bikini Stitches||Verdant Power Drench Tychus||Pink Power Briefs Tychus||Hyper Slip ‘N Stream Tracer|
|Lifeguard Bikini Stitches||Zergy Power Drench Tychus||Tanned Power Briefs Tychus||Verdant Slip ‘N Stream Tracer|
|Pink Bikini Stitches|
|Verdant Bikini Stitches|
|Zebra Bikini Stitches|
|Coastal Surfboard||Sharkbite Surfboard|
|Murky Surfboard||Murky Sharkbite Surfboard|
|Riptide Surfboard||Riptide Sharkbite Surfboard|
|Webbed Surfboard||Webbed Sharkbite Surfboard|
We hope you have a blast lounging around the pool with Stitches, cracking open a few Sun’s Out Loot Chests, and hanging ten on one of those gnarly surfboards.
Hell, it’s about summertime!