Starcraft 2 news » StarCraft II Balance Update – November 27, 2017
In recent weeks, we've been discussing potential changes to make after the recent major design overhaul to the game. Today, we are implementing a balance update in all regions to put the following changes into effect. Thank you for all your feedback in helpin develop, and ultimate push these changes forward. We look forward to seeing how the changes affect the game.
- Can no longer cast Fungal Growth while burrowed.
- Fungal Growth radius reduced from 2.5 to 2.25.
- Infested Terran cast ranged reduced from 9 to 7.
- Overlord and Corruptors will respond quickly to morph commands.
- Pulsar Beam
- Damage reduced from 15 + 10 Light to 15 + 7 Light.
- Pulsar Beam damage type changed from normal to spell damage.
- Increase build time from 26.4 to 30.7 seconds.
- Pulsar Beam
- Shield Battery cost increased from 75 to 100.
- Ghost's Steady Targeting will return 100% energy when interrupted.
- Smart Servos cost reduced from 150/150 to 100/100.
- Rapid Fire Launchers cost reduced from 150/150 to 75/75.
- Ghost cost changed from 200/100 to 150/125.
- Drilling Claws cost reduced from 150/150 to 75/75.
If you're interested in the StarCraft II Balance Team's reasoning behind each change, take a look through some of the recent Community Feedback Updates for more information!
As always, we appreciate all the feedback we’ve received from the community. Your feedback and playtesting helped shape this update, and we hope you’ll continue to participate in future balance discussions. Until next time, we hope you enjoy this change!