Starcraft 2 news » War Chest: Katowice 2019 Twitch Guide
War Chest: Katowice 2019 brings two brand new features that we’ve never been able to offer before! You guys asked for it, and we’re ready to deliver: each race is receiving a full suite of custom building skins! Now, you’ll be able to complete your race’s transformation into the Simulate Zerg, the Terran Special Forces, and Protoss Forge.
Secondly, not only can you earn progress by playing StarCraft II, you’ll also be able to earn War Chest progress simply by watching StarCraft II. Spending time with your favorite StarCraft II streamers will now earn you experience towards your War Chest loot. Anyone who wants to stream can help their fellow RTS fans gain experience as long as they install the StarCraft II War Chest Extension. More on that in a moment.
Here are the nitty-gritty details for War Chest: Katowice 2019:
- War Chest initial launch: December 20
- Phase 2: January 17
- Phase 3: February 14
- Double XP: March 14
- War Chest Conclusion: April 11
Earning experience for your War Chest is simple. First, make sure you’ve purchased the War Chest! Second, make sure your Battle.net account is linked to your Twitch account. Third, watch an eligible StarCraft II streamer. How do you know who’s eligible? You’ll see an extension icon on the edges of the stream.
If you want to take all the guesswork out of finding out who’s eligible, we’ve partnered with these streamers, who we know will be ready to provide oodles of XP-unlocking entertainment.
Once you’ve found a stream to watch, the extension will be your guide to tracking your progress. After about 20 minutes of viewing, the extension will notify you that you have experience to claim. Click “Claim XP” to credit your account with the viewing time you put in. It’s important that you’re a diligent viewer because you cannot earn any additional experience if you have pending experience to claim. Whenever you want to see exactly where you stand, you can always log into StarCraft II to verify your earnings.
If you have any other questions about earning experience for the War Chest, you can review our FAQ.
If you already stream StarCraft II and want to allow your viewers to earn War Chest progress, you’ll need to do two things. First, make sure your Battle.net account is linked to your Twitch account, and install the StarCraft II War Chest extension. Click here to download it and click here for more general information on installing Twitch extensions. Once it’s installed, just stream StarCraft II like normal and you’ll help players unlock those sweet building skins.
The Spoils of War Await
You should now be ready to begin your campaign for War Chest: Katowice 2019! Get your favorite snacks and drinks ready and start watching your favorite StarCraft II streamer. For more details about this program, please review our FAQ below. GLHF!
Q. How can I begin earning War Chest XP on Twitch?
A. To begin earning War Chest XP on Twitch, please complete the following steps:
Step 1: Purchase a StarCraft II Katowice 2019 War Chest.
Step 2: Link your Blizzard account to your Twitch account.
Step 3: Head over to Twitch, log in to your linked account, and check out who’s streaming StarCraft II.
Step 4: Watch any StarCraft II livestream that’s enabled the War Chest extension for at least 20 minutes.
Step 5: Click the “Claim XP” button in the extension when it appears to redeem your reward.
Step 6: Log in to StarCraft II to add the XP reward to your War Chest.
Check out our official webpage for additional information on the Katowice 2019 War Chest.
(If you have never played StarCraft II, you will need to log in to the game at least once before you can earn War Chest XP rewards on Twitch. Click here to get started.)
Q. Where can I purchase the Katowice 2019 War Chest?
A. You can purchase a Katowice 2019 War Chest for the race of your choice for €9.99 / £8.99 each or buy the complete bundle for €24.99 / £22.99 on the Blizzard Shop. This War Chest offer is only available for a limited time! Be sure to buy yours before March 14, 2019.
Q. How do I link my Blizzard and Twitch accounts?
A. Log in or create a Twitch account. Navigate to your Twitch connections page (Settings > Connections), find the “Blizzard Battle.net” section, select your preferred gameplay region, and click Connect.
Before linking your accounts, check to see that you’re not logged into any other Blizzard accounts in the same browser, as this could cause complications. For the best results, we recommend completing the process in “private browsing” or “incognito” mode. Click here to learn more.
Q. How can I tell which Blizzard account is linked to my Twitch account?
A. You can see which Blizzard account is linked to your Twitch account on the Twitch connections page.
Q. When can I start earning War Chest XP on Twitch?
A. You can earn War Chest XP on Twitch starting December 20, 2018 after 19:00 CET / 6 pm GMT. To be eligible to earn this XP, you must first link your Blizzard and Twitch accounts and purchase a War Chest.
Q. When can I no longer earn War Chest XP on Twitch?
A. You will no longer be able to earn War Chest XP on Twitch after April 11, 2019 at 20:00 CEST/ 7 pm BST. If you have not unlocked all your War Chest building skins by this point, but still wish to own them, don’t worry! You will have the opportunity to purchase the skins from the Blizzard Shop at a later date.
Q. When does each War Chest: Katowice 2019 reward phase begin?
A. Here’s when each War Chest: Katowice 2019 reward phase begins:
Phase I: December 20, 2019 at 19:00 CET / 6 pm GMT
Phase II: January 17, 2019 at 19:00 CET / 6 pm GMT
Phase III: February 14, 2019 at 19:00 CET / 6 pm GMT
Phase IV: March 14, 2019 at 19:00 CET / 6 pm GMT
New War Chest items will become available in Phases I, II, and III. After Phase III concludes on March 14, 2019, all War Chest items will be available to unlock until April 11, 2019. During this time (Phase IV), you’ll also earn double War Chest XP—both in-game and on Twitch.
Check out our official War Chest: Katowice 2019 webpage to see which rewards unlock in each phase!
Q. How much War Chest XP will I earn per reward on Twitch?
A. To earn a War Chest XP reward on Twitch, you must watch at least 20 minutes of any eligible StarCraft II broadcast on Twitch that’s enabled the War Chest extension. From December 20, 2018 to March 14, 2019, each reward will provide 50,000 XP that you can add to your War Chest in game. From March 14, 2019 to April 11, 2019, each reward will provide 100,000 XP.
Q. How can I tell if I’ve received a War Chest XP reward on Twitch?
A. Once you’ve earned a War Chest XP reward on Twitch, the War Chest extension will update to display a “War Chest XP Earned” message. Just below that message, you will see a “Claim XP” button—click it to redeem your reward and then log in to StarCraft II to add it to your War Chest!
Q. Is there a cap to how much War Chest XP I can earn on Twitch?
A. There are no caps (daily, weekly, per broadcast, etc.) to how much XP you can earn on Twitch.
Please keep in mind, however, that there are three War Chest phases and each phase has a limit on the amount of XP you can add to your War Chest. If you hit this limit on all StarCraft II characters in all gameplay regions before a phase ends, you will be unable to earn additional War Chest XP on Twitch until the next phase begins. Upon reaching this threshold, the War Chest extension will display your status as “Phase Complete.”
Q. Will War Chest XP I earn on Twitch apply to all regions?
A. Yes! The XP you earn on Twitch will be added to your War Chest progress in all gameplay regions in which you have an existing StarCraft II character.
Q. Can I earn War Chest XP in-game, too?
A. Yes, you can also earn War Chest XP by playing Versus or Co-op matches during the War Chest period. Unlike War Chest XP earned on Twitch, however, XP earned in-game will be limited to the gameplay region in which you’re playing.
Q. Can I unlock all my War Chest items just by watching StarCraft II on Twitch?
A. Yes! If you want, you’ll be able to earn all the War Chest XP needed to unlock your War Chest items exclusively by watching StarCraft II on Twitch.
Q. How do I know when I’ve completed my War Chest and unlocked all items?
A. Once you’ve unlocked every War Chest item in all gameplay regions in which you have an existing StarCraft II character, the War Chest extension will update to display a “War Chest Complete!” message.
Please note that you can also check the status of your War Chest at any time in the StarCraft II game client. After you complete your War Chest, you will no longer be able to earn additional War Chest XP.
Q. How can I tell if a StarCraft II broadcast is eligible to provide War Chest XP?
A. To be eligible to provide War Chest XP, a StarCraft II broadcast must meet the following requirements:
- The broadcaster’s Twitch account must be linked to a Blizzard account
- The broadcaster must have the War Chest extension installed and activated on their channel
- The broadcaster must be streaming StarCraft II
Official and featured StarCraft II streams will always be eligible. Check out our War Chest Twitch Team page for a list of featured channels.
Q. If I watch multiple broadcasts can I earn War Chest XP more quickly?
A. No, War Chest XP rewards are considered part of a Twitch Drops program and thus can only be earned from viewing one stream at a time.
Please note that if you are watching multiple streams broadcasting StarCraft II with or without an active Twitch Drops program, this may actually interfere with your ability to earn Twitch Drops at all.
Q. Why am I not earning War Chest XP on Twitch?
A. There are several reasons why you may not be receiving War Chest XP rewards when watching on Twitch. Please review the below list to assist with troubleshooting.
- You still need to create a Battle.net account. Sign up here!
- You still need to create a StarCraft II character. Install StarCraft II and log in to get started.
- You still need to purchase a Katowice 2019 War Chest. Head over to the Blizzard Shop to learn more about what’s included in this War Chest or to purchase one today.
- You still need to link your Twitch and Battle.net accounts. Visit the Twitch connections page to set up or manage your account link.
- You still need to grant the War Chest extension the right permissions. In order to receive a War Chest XP reward on Twitch, you will need to provide the War Chest extension access to your Twitch ID. You should receive a prompt to provide access automatically, though you can manually authorize permission at any time by clicking on the puzzle piece icon that appears when hovering over the Twitch video player and then toggling the Access option to “Granted.” You can check to see if you’ve already provided access to the War Chest extension on the Twitch connections page.
- You still need to claim the last War Chest XP reward you earned. Hit the “Claim XP” button in the War Chest extension to redeem any pending rewards. Please note that an unclaimed reward will prevent you from earning progress towards your next one.
- You are not logged in to your linked Twitch account while watching. If you are not logged in, you will not be able to earn any War Chest XP rewards.
- You are not watching for a long enough period of time. You will need to watch a minimum of 20 minutes on an eligible broadcast to earn a War Chest XP reward.
- You are not watching from an eligible device. At this time, viewers may only earn Twitch Drops when watching from a browser, Twitch for iPhone, and Twitch for Android. This means you will not be able to earn War Chest XP if you are watching StarCraft II from the Twitch Desktop App or from the official Twitch app on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, Chromecast, Fire TV, Roku, or the NVIDIA SHIELD.
- You are not watching an eligible StarCraft II broadcast. In order for a StarCraft II broadcast to be eligible to provide viewers War Chest XP, the broadcaster must have 1) linked their Twitch and Blizzard accounts and 2) installed and activated the StarCraft II War Chest extension. Not sure which broadcast to watch? Check out the streamers we’ve partnered with here!
- You are watching too many StarCraft II broadcasts at the same time. Watching multiple StarCraft II broadcasts may prevent you from accruing watch time towards your next War Chest XP reward. To avoid these potential issues, we recommend only watching one StarCraft II broadcast at a time.
- You do not have the StarCraft II broadcast as your active browser tab. If the StarCraft II broadcast you’re watching is not your active browser tab, this may prevent you from accruing watch time towards your next War Chest XP reward. To avoid this potential issue, we recommend that you do not have any other tabs open when watching StarCraft II on Twitch.
- You have muted or minimized the StarCraft II broadcast. If you mute or minimize the StarCraft II broadcast you’re watching, you will no longer be able to accrue watch time towards your next War Chest XP reward. Please be sure to unmute the broadcast and check that the browser in which you’re watching is not minimized.
- You have a browser plug-in that’s interfering with your eligibility. To make sure you’re eligible for War Chest XP rewards on Twitch, we recommended that you temporarily disable your plug-ins when watching participating StarCraft II broadcasts. Neither Blizzard nor Twitch can provide support for issues caused by incompatible browser plug-ins.
- You have unlocked all available War Chest items for the current phase. You will need to wait until the next phase begins to continue earning XP. Countdown timers can be found in-game and within the War Chest extension.
- You have completed your Katowice 2019 War Chest. Congratulations! You’ve unlocked all War Chest items in all gameplay regions in which you have an existing StarCraft II character. Since you have completed your War Chest, you can no longer earn any additional XP.
- This War Chest program has concluded. You will no longer be able to earn XP for the Katowice 2019 War Chest after April 11, 2019. Don’t worry—if you don't complete your War Chest before the deadline, all War Chest skins will become available for purchase at a later date.
- StarCraft II is currently down for maintenance. When StarCraft II is offline, you will not be able to receive any War Chest XP rewards. Check out @BlizzardCS on Twitter for maintenance schedules and the latest game status updates.