World of Warcraft news » We Need You on the 7.3.5 Public Test Realm!
We need your help! Create a new character on the Public Test Realm (PTR), level as far as you can, and send us your detailed feedback. By leveling through the content and sharing your thoughts with us, you will have a direct impact on improving the new dynamic leveling experience.
We Need You!
- What You Want: To help make World of Warcraft a satisfying and seamless world to level through.
- What We Want: Your feedback—the good, the bad, and the ugly—so we can iron out the wrinkles.
- How We Do This: Create a new character on the PTR, level up as far as you can, and send us your considered, original opinion on the overhauled leveling experience.
The Big Ask
As you may have heard, we are significantly overhauling the leveling experience in World of Warcraft to make life more interesting for all the lower-level characters out there. Leveling zones from 1–100 will dynamically scale to your character’s level for a certain range, so you can spend longer in the places you love and experience more of your favorite quest lines and stories as you travel through Azeroth.
This is where you come in. On the 7.3.5 PTR, we want you to level a character, then give us your detailed, original feedback on the changes: zones, dungeons, quests, and the entire end-to-end experience in the zones you love and at the pace you enjoy. Share your thoughts on the experience, warts and all, and give us valuable insight that will change the game for the better.
Just the Facts
- You will need to access the PTR build for Patch 7.3.5 (see below on how to do just that).
- Level up over the course of the 7.3.5 PTR and provide detailed feedback on the experience. Examples could include:
- Specific zones you played, and what level you were when arriving and moving on
- Pick a leveling range to tell us about
- Tell us which zones you chose and why, and what dungeons you completed
- Your thoughts on the difficulty, pacing (including any specific quests or areas you had trouble with), and rewards
- You can also let us know about any bugs you find: big, small, and downright squishy
- We would also like to know:
- The bug was annoying” is nowhere near as helpful as “When I arrived in Hellfire Peninsula at level 58 the quests were grayed out.”
- (In other words: the more detail you give us, the better you will help us make the game!)
How to Create a PTR Account:
- Log in to Blizzard Account Management.
- Select your World of Warcraft account.
- Select Additional Services, then click Public Test Realm.
- Click History/Status to create your PTR account.
Be sure to log in to your Blizzard account and select the Public Test Realm (PTR) in Game Accounts.
- Download the PTR client from within the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app.
- Log in to any of the available Test Servers.
- Create a new level 1 character.
Forgive Us Our Maintenance
Champions take note! We plan to leave the PTR up throughout the holidays, but as with any test phase there may be short periods of downtime to apply changes, perform maintenance, and other trickier things that pop up. If the PTR isn’t available for any length of time, please know we appreciate your patience, good humor, and participation. We are working hard behind the scenes to keep everything on an even keel.
Where to Send Feedback
Dynamic Leveling Feedback: 7.3.5 PTR forum
Thank you, we truly appreciate the feedback you give and look forward to all you have to share with us. See you in Azeroth!