World of Warcraft news » Tune in March 3-4! WoW Arena Championship: European Qualifier Cup #3
The WoW Arena Championship World Cup #3 European Qualifier takes place this weekend and will be broadcast live on Twitch beginning at 18:00 CET Saturday, March 3 and Sunday, February 4. Casters Rich Campbell, Sid “Supatease” Compston, Elliott “Venruki” Venczel, and Mohammed “Ziqo” Beshir will be on hand to keep you on top of all the exciting 3v3 arena action.
Teams to Watch
With cups 1 and 2 complete and moving into the top 8 of the European cup 3 this weekend, teams have been fighting tooth and nail to secure one of four spots from the European who will then compete in the Arena World Championship (AWC) Spring Finals.
Two of these teams have performed consistently and have earned comfortable positions at the top of the point leaderboards.
- XRB to the Moon – With a first-place finish in Cup 1, third-place finish in Cup 2, and confirmed at least a Top 8 finish in Cup 3, they have accumulated enough points to confirm their qualification to the LAN. They’ll need to make sure they place high enough in Cup 3 to earn better seeding moving into the Spring Finals.
- Skill Capped Black – Skill Capped Black is in a similar position as XRB to the Moon, but are currently undefeated in the upper bracket which guarantees them at least a top 6 finish.
The real battle to watch for Spring Finals qualification is between Reformed, 85%, and Tempo Storm.
Tempo Storm, formally known as ABC (the reigning World Champions), went into this tournament with 100 AWC points, putting them in fifth place just behind Reformed. Reformed with 160 points was knocked out before the Top 8 earning 12 points and making their grand total for the Spring Season 172 Points.
To qualify, Tempo Storm needs to place at least third, earning 80 points to overtake Reformed. Currently Tempo Storm is in the lower bracket which means they cannot afford to lose a single series.
In the upper bracket, “85%” has brought their ‘A’ game to qualify during the offline portion of Cup 3. A roster stacked with two multi-World Champion teammates, Fabss and Boetar, the team found their stride and are currently locked into the top 6 without losing a series.
Team 85% hasn’t found success in the past two tournaments placing sixth and twelfth. However, they look poised to go all the way in this tournament, having already beat XRB to the Moon and Skill Capped Red. To qualify with only 52 points going into Cup 3, they will need to earn at least 120, meaning a second place or better finish.
Currently, Reformed is sitting at 172 earned points after their ninth place finish in this cup. Their fate depends on the success of Tempo Storm and 85% in the top 8 of the last Spring Cup this weekend.
Tune in this weekend to find out who makes it the Spring Finals!
To check out the current point standings, tournament schedule, to sign up for the next tournament or watch the VoDs of all the Arena Cups – head over to worldofwarcraft.com/esports.
Where to Watch:
- Competitors will engage in 3v3 Arena Tournaments on live realms.
- Sign-ups are open to all interested parties and no arena rating is required.
- Top point earners from North America & Europe will be invited to compete at the Spring Finals in March for their share of $100,000.
- Team rosters consist of up to 4-players, but teams can sign-up with 3.
- Tournament Mode is required; all gear is normalized while Honor Talents and Artifact Power are maxed.
- 1st place: $5,000, 180 points
- 2nd place: $2,800, 120 points
- 3rd place: $1,600, 80 points
- 4th place: $600, 60 points
- 5th and 6th places: 40 points each
- 7th and 8th places: 20 points each
- 9th – 12th places: 12 points each
To check out the current point standings, tournament schedule, to sign up for the next tournament, or watch the VoDs of all the Arena Cups – head over to worldofwarcraft.com/esports.