Starcraft 2 news » IEM Shanghai: Survival Guide
The next WCS event approaches as players from around the world flock to Shanghai to prepare for battle at China Joy! Many of the world's strongest players, regardless of region, will be attending the event which should lead to an action-packed weekend of a caliber we rarely get to see.
The 16 competitors will begin in a group stage on Thursday, July 27 and wage war for two days. On the third day, the remaining players move on the single-elimination Best of 5 Playoffs, amd the top two players conclude the event in a Best of 7 series for the Finals! We're extremely excited for the quality of play expected for this event, and hope you are too!
New International Expo Centre Hall 4 No. 2345 Longyang Rd
Pudong New Area, Shanghai 201204, China
July 27 - 29
- English: Twitch.tv/esl_sc2
- German: Twitch.tv/TaKeTV
- Polish: Twitch.tv/esl_sc2_pl
- Russian: Twitch.tv/esl_ucc_sc2
- Spanish: Twitch.tv/esl_sc2_es
- Korean: Twitch.tv/TVCranK
- Thai: AfreekaTV
- Desk Host: James ‘Kaelaris’ Carrol
- Commentator: Yoan ‘ToD’ Merlo
- Commentator: Kevin ‘RotterdaM’ van der Kooi
- Commentator: Jared ‘PiG’ Krensel
- Commentator: Jonathan 'Wardi' Ward
- Commentator: Leigh 'Maynarde' Mandalov
Total Prize Pool: $25,000 USD & 7,500 WCS Points
1st place: $10,000 USD, 1,500 WCS Points
2nd place: $4,000 USD & 1,050 WCS Points
3rd – 4th place: $2,000 USD & 675 WCS Points
5th – 8th place: $1,000 USD & 450 WCS Points
9th – 16th place: $400 USD & 225 WCS Points
Join in on the conversation about these games here!
Visit the new WCS Website for information on this tournament and others, or to learn more about competitive StarCraft II!