World of Warcraft news » Play with Fire During the Midsummer Fire Festival – June 21-July 5
It’s time to light your (bon) fire during Azeroth’s hottest season of the year, the Midsummer Fire Festival!
When: June 21—July 5
Where: Major Horde and Alliance Cities
Currency: Burning Blossom
"A time of merriment and celebration, dedicated to the hottest season of the year."
Use the Group Finder (I) to participate in an encounter against Ahune, granting a Satchel of Chilled Goods (which contains holiday loot) as a daily reward. This is now available to characters level 20 and above.
Complete special daily quests to obtain experience, gold, and Burning Blossoms to purchase holiday items. For detailed information about the quests, check out the Midsummer Fire Festival guide on Wowhead.
*Desecration of the Alliance/Desecration of the Horde
Complete all Extinguishing Achievements.
Extinguishing Eastern Kingdoms
Desecrate the Alliance's bonfires in Eastern Kingdoms.(H)
Desecrate the Horde's bonfires in Eastern Kingdoms. (A)
Desecrate the Alliance's bonfires in Kalimdor.(H)
Desecrate the Horde's bonfires in Kalimdor. (A)
Extinguishing The Broken Isles
Desecrate the Alliance's bonfire in Suramar.(H)
Desecrate the Horde's bonfire in Suramar. (A)
Desecrate the Alliance's bonfire in Vale of Eternal Blossoms.(H)
Desecrate the Horde's bonfire in Vale of Eternal Blossoms. (A)
Desecrate the Alliance's bonfires in Northrend.(H)
Desecrate the Horde's bonfires Northrend. (A)
Flame Keeper of Pandaria
Honor the flames of Pandaria. Dread Wastes, Krasarang Wilds, Townlong Steppes, Valley of the Four Winds, Jade Forest, Kun-Lau Summit, Vale of Eternal Blooms
Flame Keeper of the Broken Isles
Honor the flames of the Broken Isles. Azsuna, Stormheim, Val'Sharah, Suramar, Highmountain
Flame Keeper of Eastern Kingdoms
Honor the flames of Eastern Kingdoms.
Juggle 40 torches in 15 seconds in Dalaran.
*Ice the Frost Lord
Slay Ahune in the Slave Pens.
*King of the Fire Festival
Complete the quest, "A Thief's Reward", by stealing the flames from your enemy's captial cities.
*Burning Hot Pole Dance
Dance at the ribbon pole for 60 seconds while wearing completed Midsummer set.
*The Fires of Azeroth
Complete the Flame Warden (A) / Flame Keeper (H) achievements.
- Igneous Flameling
- Frigid Frostling: While not nearly as destructive as its original master, the Ice Lord Ahune, the frostling has been known to lob chilly snowballs at unsuspecting adventurers.
- Spirit of Summer: This little piece of summer smells of warm evenings and lightning storms. If you look closely, you might be able to make out a face.
- Blazing Cindercrawler: Tiny, incinerated corpses of various insects line its cage.
Summer Wear and Fun
- Summer Wear: Mantle of the Fire Festival, Vestments of Summer, Sandals of Summer, Helm of the Fire Festival, Tabard of Summer Skies, Tabard of Summer Flames
- Heirlooms: Ancient Heirloom Armor Casing, Timeworn Heirloom Armor Casing, Weathered Heirloom Armor Casing
- Toys: Cozy Bonfire, Brazier of Dancing Flames, Set of Matches, Burning Defender’s Medallion
- Other: Juggling Torch x5, Fiery Festival Brew, Handful of Summer Petals, Bag of Smorc Ingredients x5, Elderberry Pie x5, Fire-Toasted Bun x5, Midsummer Sausage x5, Toasted Smorc x5
*Warning: Play with fire at your own risk. Playing with fire could get you burned. Fire is hot. Love is a Burning Fire. Please don't fall into the ring of fire. In case of fire, stop, collaborate and listen... then drop and roll. Please enjoy the Midsummer Fire Festival responsibly.